Quick Answers to Common IP Questions
- What Patent Application Extensions of Time Are Available?
- What Are the Costs to Obtain a Patent?
- What Is an Election Requirement?
- How Should I Respond to a Restriction Requirement?
- What Is a Restriction Requirement?
- What Should I Do If Another Business is Infringing My IP?
- What Should I Do to Avoid Infringing Anyone Else’s IP When Releasing a New Product?
- How Can My Business Acquire and Own IP Rights?
- How Do I Protect My Business’ Name and Logo?
- What is the Process to Register a Trademark?
- How Can I Protect the Design of My Business’ Products?
- Can You Patent a Software App?
- What Steps Must a Company Take to Protect Its Trade Secrets?
- What is the PCT Timeline for International Patent Applications?
- What is Prosecution History Estoppel?
- What Types of Patent Infringement Are Possible?
- What Are Typical IP Litigation Costs?
- What is a “Printed Publication” for Patentability?
- How Should Patent Marking Be Used?
- What Should I Do Now That My Trademark is Registered?
- How Can I Strengthen Protection of a Trademark?
- How Should I Prepare an Invention Disclosure for Patenting?
- What Should Be Done to Maintain a Trademark?
- How Should I Respond to a Patent Office Action?
- What Types of Patents and Patent Applications are Available?
- What Is a Design Patent?
- Who Should Be Responsible for Patents in a Company?
- What is the On-Sale Bar?
- What is the Patent Filing Grace Period?
- When Should I Complete a Patent Invalidity Search?
- When Should I Complete a Patent FTO Search?
- How Can I Use a Copyright Notice?
- What Are Common Copyright Issues When Using a CMS Like WordPress?
- What Are the Ways to Challenge a Granted Patent?
- How Can a Brand Be Protected as a Trademark?
- Who Owns the IP for Things a Vendor Creates?
- How Can I Determine Large, Small, or Micro Entity Status for Patent Fees?
- When Should a Provisional Patent Application Be Considered?
- When is an Opinion of Counsel Worthwhile?
- When Should a Patentability Search Be Performed?
By Subject Matter
Assignments Assignor Estoppel Copyright Infringement Copyright Notices Copyrights Corporate Policy Damages Design Patents Export Controls Extensions of Time Freedom-to-Operate (FTO) & Clearance History Inducement Infringement Litigation Opinions of Counsel Ownership Patentability and Validity Patent Infringement Patent Marking Patent Prosecution Patents PCT Plant Patents Policy Privilege Provisional Patent Applications Restriction/Election Requirements (& Unity of Invention) Searching Specimens Third-Party Submissions (Observations) Trade Dress Trademark Infringement Trademark Prosecution Trademark Renewal Trademarks Trade Secret Misappropriation Trade Secrets Willfulness Work Made for Hire
Have an invention you would like to patent? Have a brand you would like to register as a trademark? Concerned about infringing someone else’s intellectual property? Is someone else infringing your IP? Need representation in an IP dispute? Austen is a patent attorney / trademark attorney who can help. These and other IP issues are his area of expertise. Contact Austen today to discuss.