Quick Answers to Common IP Questions
- How Should Advertising Legal Review Occur?
- How Do DMCA Copyright Takedown Notices Work?
- How Can I Find Patents with the USPTO’s Patent Public Search?
- Who Owns Rights to a Domain Name?
- How Should U.S. Patent Applications Be Formatted for Filing in DOCX Format?
- How Can I Correct An Assignment?
- How Does a Trademark Office Action Extension of Time Work?
- What Are the Origins of Modern Patent Law?
- What Are Common Issues Around Software Patenting?
- What Patent Application Extensions of Time Are Available?
- What Are the Costs to Obtain a Patent?
- What Is an Election Requirement?
- How Should I Respond to a Restriction Requirement?
- What Is a Restriction Requirement?
- What Should I Do If Another Business is Infringing My IP?
- What Should I Do to Avoid Infringing Anyone Else’s IP When Releasing a New Product?
- How Can My Business Acquire and Own IP Rights?
- How Do I Protect My Business’ Name and Logo?
- What is the Process to Register a Trademark?
- How Can I Protect the Design of My Business’ Products?
- Can You Patent a Software App?
- What Steps Must a Company Take to Protect Its Trade Secrets?
- What is the PCT Timeline for International Patent Applications?
- What is Prosecution History Estoppel?
- What Types of Patent Infringement Are Possible?
- What Are Typical IP Litigation Costs?
- What is a “Printed Publication” for Patentability?
- How Should Patent Marking Be Used?
- What Should I Do Now That My Trademark is Registered?
- How Can I Strengthen Protection of a Trademark?
- How Should I Prepare an Invention Disclosure for Patenting?
- What Should Be Done to Maintain a Trademark?
- How Should I Respond to a Patent Office Action?
- What Types of Patents and Patent Applications are Available?
- What Is a Design Patent?
- Who Should Be Responsible for Patents in a Company?
- What is the On-Sale Bar?
- What is the Patent Filing Grace Period?
- When Should I Complete a Patent Invalidity Search?
- When Should I Complete a Patent FTO Search?
By Subject Matter
Assignments Assignor Estoppel Copyright Infringement Copyright Notices Copyrights Corporate Policy Cybersquatting Damages Design Patents Domain Names Export Controls Extensions of Time False Advertising Freedom-to-Operate (FTO) & Clearance History Inducement Infringement Litigation Opinions of Counsel Ownership Patentability and Validity Patent Infringement Patent Marking Patent Prosecution Patents PCT Plant Patents Policy Privilege Provisional Patent Applications Restriction/Election Requirements (& Unity of Invention) Right of Publicity/Right of Privacy Searching Software Specimens Third-Party Submissions (Observations) Trade Dress Trademark Infringement Trademark Prosecution Trademark Renewal Trademarks Trade Secret Misappropriation Trade Secrets Willfulness Work Made for Hire
Have an invention you would like to patent? Have a brand you would like to register as a trademark? Concerned about infringing someone else’s intellectual property? Is someone else infringing your IP? Need representation in an IP dispute? Austen is a patent attorney / trademark attorney who can help. These and other IP issues are his area of expertise. Contact Austen today to discuss.